Sea Salt Bath Recipe
Jun 24, 2019
I have always loved a nice, relaxing, bath. Being able to shut off from the world and just be still. Since I have found the benefits of sea salt; I have found a much deeper appreciation to this quiet, peaceful time.
I have created my own blend of sea salt, epsom salt, and baking soda(yes, baking soda.) which I include in my weekly bath. The benefits to these 3 properties are quite amazing and I highly encourage everyone to try this recipe - especially if your feeling you need a good energy cleanse.
So here is my recipe:
1 Cup Sea Salt
1 Cup Epsom Salt
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
I usually make enough to last me about a month. You can add essential oils, your favorite herbs, dried flowers, if you wish to give it extra pizzazz but I’m lazy and don't fee like cleaning the tub afterward.
Be sure to NOT shower after the bath. You want the benefits to sit on your skin and allow them to work their magic. It is okay to lotion up afterward.
I add 2 1/2 cups of the mixture to the bath and lay in it for at least 30 minutes. The benefits are amazing!
Check them out below.
1. Sea water contains sodium chloride, and this mineral will help the body remove toxins and by-products of metabolism through the lymph system. This is important because when you take a sea salt bath, you gradually reduce the fluid trapped around the ankles, thighs and knees. If you want a more powerful treatment, then use sea salt with seaweeds. This plants enrich the water with additional minerals, extremely beneficial for many skin conditions.
2. Sea salt bath is one of the most effective ways to relax and calm your nerves. It also makes you sleep better. The magnesium, potassium and the bromides contained in the sea salt, help soothe aches. You can use Dead Sea Salt to relax your muscles and to relieve the pain in your joints. Immersing in warm salted water helps relieve muscle cramps and pain, and brings relaxation to the entire body.
3. Recovering clinics and spa centers use sea salt bath to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, sports injuries, chronic pains and even high blood pressure.
Doctors say that sea salt baths increase blood circulation which will help you feel a lot less pain. This, combined with specific exercises recommended by a therapist, improve the your range of motion.
4. Baking soda is awesome when it comes to smoothing out skin. All you have to do is mix baking soda with water to get this powerful benefit. Baking soda baths will ensure a much smoother skin.
5. Dry skin is a common problem as we get older. Who has not had a patch of rough skin on their elbows or on their feet? Baking soda works magic when you mix it with soap. Simply use your exfoliating pad as you normally would and you will quickly notice a difference.
6. When you spend just a little bit too much time in the sun and your skin is suffering, a cool bath with baking soda and sea salt will ease the pain. Severe sunburns require a visit to the doctor in many cases, but basic sunburns are easily treated in this manner.
7. Bathing in epsom and baking soda baths are said to be wonderful for cramping legs and feet. This method has been used for generations so something about it must be true.
8. If your little one has a rash on his bum, a baking soda bath will take the burning right out of it. Any mother or father that has suffered through diaper rash knows the frustration of seeing them in pain. Mix a little baking soda into a bath and they will immediately feel some relief.
9. After a hard workout or leg day at the gym, epsom salt is a go-to for many professional athletes as it eases the lactic acid build up in their joints.
MORE FREE RESOURCES:
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
For your weekly dose of woo, inspiration, and value!
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
GRAB MY LIST OF 10 BEST BOOKS FOR SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL GROWTH: