Simple ways to clear & balance your chakras
Jul 01, 2019
Making sure our chakra system is working efficiently allows us not only to be living our best life but it helps us connect with our intuition, and our higher self easier and clearer.
Everything in this universe is made up on energy and our 7 main chakra points are the filtration systems to the energy in which we come in contact with. That is why it is important to clear our systems on a consistent basis.
When your chakras are cleared and balanced, energy is able to freely flow through your energetic system. Having balanced chakras impacts your aura, your energetic field. A balanced aura will allow you to attract positive energy. According to the law of attraction, when we hold positive energy, we attract positive results. This leads to an overall greater sense of wellness.
Did you know our body actually has over 70,000 chakras? Each time our meridians cross, that junction is called a chakra. There are seven main chakras that make up our energetic system.
There are many ways to clear and balance our chakras. We can eat foods associated with the colors of each of the chakras. We can also practice yoga where particular poses help to open up certain energy centers.
Just like maintaining a clean home and work environment, chakras need to be maintained regularly too. Each day of the week, focus on balancing one chakra at a time. By the end of the week, notice how you feel once when you have a more balanced chakra system!
Remember, setting your intention matters. Before doing any of the activities, set your intention.
Here are a couple of different ways you can clear each of the 7 major chakras:
5 ways to clear the root chakra:
- Going for a walk in nature will help you gain a sense of grounding.
- Surround yourself with earthy smells, such as cedar, clove, or patchouli.
- Wear red, the color associated with the root chakra, to enhance your connection to the Earth.
- Hug a tree.
- Walk barefoot outside.
4 ways to clear the sacral chakra:
- Surround yourself with aphrodisiac smells, such as ylang ylang and sandalwood essential oils.
- Take on creative activities: designing, painting, scrapbooking, writing, playing, doing crossword puzzles.
- Wear orange, the color associated with the sacral chakra, to boost positive emotions.
- Speak out loud affirmations while looking in the mirror.
4 ways to clear the solar plexus chakra:
- Surround yourself with mood boosting smells, such as cinnamon or peppermint essential oil.
- Challenge yourself to boost your confidence. Step out of your comfort zone by changing up your daily routine.
- Wear yellow, the color associated with the solar plexus chakra. This helps to brighten up your mood and raise your vibrations.
- Buy yourself a bouquet of yellow flowers and leave them somewhere where you will see and appreciate them everyday day.
3 ways to clear the heart chakra:
- Apply rose essential oil to your chest and back of ears.
- Perform an act of kindness every day for a week. Notice how it makes you feel!
- Wear green, the color associated with the heart chakra.
4 ways to clear the throat chakra:
- Singing, even if it’s only you in the shower, is great therapy for opening the throat chakra.
- Pause to take a moment to organize your thoughts. Be comfortable with your own ideas and opinions.
- Wear blue, the color associated with the throat chakra, to open communication channel.
- Use Eucalyptus essential oil.
3 ways to clear the third eye chakra:
- Visualization exercises: Close your eyes and allow yourself to daydream about doing what makes you happy.
- Keep a dream journal next to your bed. As soon as you’re awake, jot down the key images you saw in your dreams. Look up the meanings of the images to help you tap into your intuition!
- Wear indigo, the color associated with the third eye chakra, to open up your intuitive channel.
3 ways to clear the crown chakra:
- Walking outdoors helps to stimulate the pineal gland and open the crown chakra.
- Use Francinsense essential oil - especially during mediation.
- Yoga, meditation and spiritual studies help move you forward on the path to enlightenment.
MORE FREE RESOURCES:
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
For your weekly dose of woo, inspiration, and value!
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
GRAB MY LIST OF 10 BEST BOOKS FOR SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL GROWTH: