It's not about the money...Nov 16, 2021
This morning I laid in bed with my head feeling like it was going to fall off. For the last three days i have been battling a nasty head cold and the mornings after being horizontal for nearly 9 hours do not help.
I laid in bed as I started thinking about all the things I had to do today.
- Head over to the post office to ship my fathers medicine to him.
- Check on my parents house, water plants, bring in packages while they are away.
- Grocery shop for my family of four.
- Record a podcast episode before children get home and silence is no longer a thing.
- Do some behind the scenes work for my business.
- Record a meditation for my upcoming launch.
- Rotate and fold laundry
On top of getting my normal routine of:
-Getting the kids ready and on the bus by 8am
-Letting the dogs in and out 3x before 7:45am
-Starting the first load of laundry
-Feeding the dogs before they become annoying
-Attempt to finish my first cup of coffee before it gets room temperature.
-Do my morning meditation and journaling practice.
Laying in bed, all of this felt so overwhelming.
I didn't even get out of bed yet and I felt constrictive and resistant.
All I wanted at that moment when it wasn't even 5:30am and my to-do list was already in the double digits, was daydream about a life where I had just a bit more freedom.
The word itself reminds me of the cleanest, freshest, crisp breath of air imaginable.
It's what I desire. It's what I crave. It's my why.
I want the freedom to pay for a babysitter and take my husband out on a hot date night to a fancy steak house.
I want the freedom to hire a stay at home mom as my personal assistant who wants to earn an income while still having the freedom to choose her hours and get her kids on and off the bus.
I want the freedom to have my cleaning lady come once a week and not bi-weekly.
The money is just a bridge to your next destination.
In the world of entrepreneurship, everyone thinks it's about the money.
But it's not about the money.
It's about the freedom and opportunity money provides.
If you go into business because you want to make money, that's awesome. But it cannot be your only intention.
You desire what the money can offer you.
Perhaps it is a new home.
A better vehicle.
Extra funds for date nights, concerts, new clothes, ECT...
When you got into business with the intention to make money, your business and your income will only grow to certain extent.
If your intention for starting your business was to help assist you in creating more freedom, then the sky is not even the limit.
Here are some journal prompts that will help you go deeper into the topic of freedom and WHY you want to make more money:
- If you had $100,000 be put in your bank account right now, how would you use this monetary tool to cultivate more freedom in your life?
- Not including financial or business goals, what are 10 things you desire right now that money will help you manifest?
- Where do you want more freedom in your life?
You are worthy of your wildest dreams.
You are badass. You are intuitive. And you are really pretty.
I'll see you around the internet.
Follow me on Instagram @intuitivelifestyleco
Subscribe to the podcast: Intuitive Souls Podcast
Check out my website: www.ericarusso.co